Hi there! 🙋♂️ My name is Nick and I’m a NOC Engineer at Speakup, a 📞 leading communications provider located in Enschede, Netherlands 🇳🇱. I’m passionate about technology 💻 and have a strong interest in IT, especially in the area of GNU/Linux Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) 🙌 and networking. I have honed my technical skills through self-study 📚 and on-the-job experience, and I’m always looking for opportunities to learn and grow 💪.
In my free time, I enjoy tinkering with my home-lab 🧪, flying drones 🛸, spending time with friends 💬, and playing video games 🎮. I’m also an active member of Coloclue, a community of like-minded individuals who share my passion for technology 🤝. Additionally, in 2015, I founded a small IT services company 💼 called Bouwhuis IT that caters to small to medium businesses.
🎙️ Media #
- Met Nerds om Tafel podcast: 269 – Live vanaf May Contain Hackers (MCH2022)
- Talk at MCH2022: Reverse engineering the Albert Heijn app for fun and profit
- Met Nerds om Tafel podcast: S07E23 – Hoe je VoIP stuk maakt met pebkac en waarom telefonie nog zo gaar klinkt met Nick Bouwhuis
💼 Work Experience #
- 2018 - 20.. NOC Engineer (@ Speakup)
- 2017 - 2018 Support Engineer (@ Speakup)
- 2015 - 20.. Entrepreneur (@ Bouwhuis IT)
- 2015 - 2016 Technical Support (internship position) (@ Thales)
- 2014 - 2016 Home computer assistance (@ Student aan huis)
- 2013 - 2013 Computer sales & repair (internship position) (@ Correct Systems)